Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fulfilling One Man's Lifelong Wish

First off, I hate sports.

Second, I got back from Egypt late on Friday, and with many, MANY stories to tell. But that's for another night. No, tonight I will finally answer the hopes and dreams of one man - my father. You see, ever since I reached Israel, my dad has been asking for one thing and one thing only. It comes up in every conversation, and it clearly has become a lifelong dream.

A picture of me on a camel.

"Hey Dad, I just got to Israel!" "Did you take a picture of you on a camel?"

"Hey Dad, we just moved in to Ashkelon!" "Did you take a picture of you on a camel?"

"Hey Dad, I met my adoptive family today!" "Did you take a picture of you on a camel?"

"Hey Dad, I stayed at a Bedouin tent today and rode a camel!" "Did you take a picture of you on a camel?"

(OK, maybe that time I should have taken it.)

But now, the wait is over. That's right Dad, without further ado, here's a picture of me on a camel.





(So this was pretty much a way for me to make fun of my Dad, as well as let everyone know that I'm back from Egypt safe and sound, pictures are going up online, and I'll have more posts up later this week detailing the trip! And who knows - maybe even some video blogs...)

(But seriously, I hate sports.)

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling forced to defend myself. I can only remember asking twice and both times it was related to conversations about camels. Yes, I know it's strange to keep talking to your children about camels, but what can I say.

    ReplyDelete